EASTER HOMILY : “HE HAS RISEN”- Rev. Fr. Kelechi Anyanwu
1) The enemies of Jesus tried everything to silence him permanently, to delete him from the face of the earth, and to end his salvific ministry.
2) They falsely accused him of two could charges:
i) Blasphemy: After Jesus was arrested, he was put on trial by the Sanhedrin. This was the highest ruling council of the Jews. There were 70 members, mostly made up of Sadducees, Pharisees, and priests plus the leader who was the high priest. When Jesus was on trial the high priest was Caiaphas.
When he insisted he is the son of God, Caiaphas tore his garment and said he deserves death.
ii) Treason: He made himself a king when Ceasar is still reigning. This made Pilate consent and condemn him.
3) He was not only crucified but everything was done to stop his resurrection. They report to Pilate, a large stone was used to cover the grave, it was sealed with cement and the best guards were stationed to watch his grave.
4) But before their expected 3 days, Jesus had already risen.
5) The man called De Lawrence was born on 31st October 1868. He was the greatest occultic man that lived in American history. He tried many things Jesus did but failed to resurrect on the 3rd day after death as thunder stroke him dead.
6) 2023 Easter Message: No matter what it takes and how long it takes, a child of God will still be victorious at last. It will always end in praise.